SPARTANBURG, S.C. – Steffi Kong defeated Mary Yeager by the scores of 6-0, 6-0 in the No. 1 singles to clinch a 7-0 decision for the Converse College tennis team over Warren Wilson on Monday afternoon. The Valkyries have now ran their winning streak to a program-record six matches.
Converse 7, Warren Wilson 0
1. Steffi Kong (CONV) def. Mary Yaeger (WWC) 6-0, 6-0
2. Pauline Hagen (CONV) def. Kaitlyn Zinnecker (WWC) 6-0, 6-1
3. Maria Belen Vendrell (CONV) def. Autumn Hough (WWC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Valentina Aparicio (CONV) def. Jasmine Bender (WWC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Chelsea Lewis (CONV) def. Ella Jane Nelson (WWC) 6-1, 6-0
6. Gracie Bratcher (CONV) def. Ana Risano (WWC) 6-0, 6-3
2. Maria Belen Vendrell/Snighda Musugunthan (CONV) def. Mary Yaeger/Ana Risano (WWC) 6-0
Converse will return to the courts tomorrow afternoon at 3 p.m., hosting the Bearcats from Lander University.