SPARTANBURG, S.C. – The Converse College swim team earned a split during a two-day meet with Brenau University and Columbia College on January 10-11. The Valkyries dominated Columbia College (208-50), but fell short of Brenau (145-135).
DAY ONE @ BRENAU
- Lisa Studstill took home first in the 100 free (55.13) while Jovana Mitic finished in third (56.97).
- Victoria Fulton also earned a win in the 200 fly with a mark of 2:15.28.
- The Converse relay teams fared well in its events, taking second and third in the 400 free and 200 medley relays.
- Anna Pettus had solid showings in the 200 IM (2:22.99) as well as the 100 breast (1:12.05), capturing second in both events.
- Teammates Hannah Asselin (5:46.68) and Tiffany Twombly (6:05.50) finished second and third, respectively, in the 500 free.
DAY TWO @ CONVERSE
- The 400 medley relay team (Anna Pettus, Jovana Mitic, Victoria Fulton, and Lisa Studstill) captured first place with a time of 4:12.01.
- Converse's 200 free relay team (Mitic, Fulton, Studstill, and Hannah Asselin) also took first, touching the wall in 1:43.84.
- Fulton earned a win in the 100 fly, turning in a time of 1:01.05, while teammate Studstill continued her dominance in the 200 free, tallying first with a time of 2:00.04.
- Converse had three of the top four finishes in the 50 free with Mitic, Fulton, and Tiffany Twombly finishing second, third, and fourth, respectively.
- Asselin earned second in the 200 breast (2:36.14) while Kaitlin Brown took home second in the 100 back (1:05.35).
- Anna Pettus (5:07.92) and Hollie Porter (5:12.76) finished second and third, respectively, in the 400 IM.
The Valkyries will return to the pool on Saturday, January 18, hosting UNC Pembroke and Pfeiffer in a tri-meet at 1 p.m. inside the Montgomery Student Center Pool.