DAHLONEGA, Ga. – Junior Taylor Fisk picked up right where she left off during the final round in Bristol three weeks ago, completing the first round of the LeeAnn Noble Memorial Invitational with a team-leading 80 (+8) on Monday afternoon. Teammate Sydney Grimes also carded an 80 on the day as both players sit in a tie for 39th. As a team, Converse shot a 327 (+39), good enough for 11th overall.
Course: Achasta Golf Club, Dahlonega, Ga. Par: 72 Yardage: 5,934 yds.
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Marisa Daquil Kawabe finished the day just two strokes behind Fisk and Grimes, turning in an 82 (+10).
- Kendel Abrams sits in a tie for 64th following an opening round of 85 (+13), while Katie Spurling rounded out the five for Converse, firing a 92 (+20).
- Grimes led the Valkyries with three birdies on the day.
- North Georgia's Megan Sabol and Erskine's Anna Parramore lead the overall field, both shooting a 3-under, 69.
- Lee University leads all teams, tallying a collective score of 294 (+6).
Converse will return to the course tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. for the second and final round of the tournament.