ANDERSON, S.C. – The Converse College golf team finished the two-day Anderson University Invitational in 9th place following a second round team total of 344.
Course: Cobb's Glen Country Club
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Senior Marisa Daquil Kawabe finished in a tie for 21st following a two-day total of 164 (+20).
- Freshman Sydney Grimes concluded her first collegiate tournament with a 31st-place finish, rounding out her scorecard with a 172 (+28)
- Kendel Abrams, playing as an individual, matched Grimes with a 172 (+28).
- Junior Taylor Fisk came in just behind Grimes and Abrams after carding a two-round total of 174 (+30).
- Teammates Katie Spurling and Bethany Thornbury both tallied a 41st-place standing after turning in cards of 178 (+34).
- Sara Hall rounded out the performers for Converse in 46th (186, +42).
- Thornbury made the biggest jump during round two, shaving six strokes off her score
- Abrams sank four birdies over her 36 holes.
- Anderson's Anna Freeman took home the top individual honors after firing a 75 in both rounds.
- The Trojans also took home the team title with a two-day total of 611.
The Valkyries will return to action on September 23-24, traveling to Bristol, Tenn. to participate in the King University Invitational.