ANDERSON, S.C. – The Converse College golf team concluded day one of the Anderson University Invitational in 8th-place overall following a team total of 334 (+46) at the Cobb's Glen Country Club.
Course: Cobb's Glen Country Club
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Senior Marisa Daquil Kawabe led the Valkyries during the first round after firing an 81 (+9).
- Freshman Sydney Grimes, playing in her first collegiate tournament, posted a respectable 83 (+11).
- Another newcomer, Katie Spurling, finished the day with an 85 (+13).
- Taylor Fisk came in one stroke behind Spurling after shooting 86 (+14) on the afternoon.
- Bethany Thornbury rounded out the top-5 for Converse with a 92 (+20).
- Kendel Abrams and Sara Hall played as individuals and completed round one with an 87 (+15) and 90 (+18), respectively.
- Kawabe finished the day with the fourth most pars overall (10)
- Abrams collected two birdies, good enough for second
- Anderson's Kerington Lamb leads the overall field after posting a 74 (+2)
- The Trojans also lead the field of teams with a total of 307 (+19), 14 strokes better than second place Catawba.
The Valkyries will return to the links tomorrow morning for the second and final round of the Anderson Invitational. Tee times will begin at 9 a.m.