CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Junior Taylor Parrott defeated Cierra Turner (6-2,6-4) to clinch a 6-1 decision for the Converse tennis team against Johnson C. Smith on Wednesday afternoon. The Valkyries have now won five consecutive matches.
1. Steffi Kong (CONV) def. Nija Price (JCS) 6-1, 6-1
2. Halle Parker (JCS) def. Pauline Hagen (CONV) 6-3, 6-4
3. Maria Belen Vendrell (CONV) def. Jada Strickland (JCS) 6-1, 6-2
4. Taylor Parrott (CONV) def. Cierra Turner (JCS) 6-2, 6-4
5. Snighda Musugunthan (CONV) def. Alisa Stevenson (JCS) 6-3, 6-2
6. Valentina Aparicio (CONV) def. Aleena Oakley (JCS) 6-2, 6-4
2. Maria Belen Vendrell/Snighda Musugunthan (CONV) def. Nija Price/Alisa Stevenson (JCS) 6-0
The Valkyries will return to the court on Wednesday, February 20, playing host to Columbia College. First serve is scheduled for 2 p.m.