SPARTANBURG, S.C. – The Converse (3-4) tennis team picked up a 5-4 conference win over Lees-McRae (1-1) on Saturday afternoon at the Converse Tennis Complex.
After dropping two of three doubles matches, the Valkyries took 4-of-6 in singles action to collect the win. Alex Schlesener and Taylor Parrott earned the only doubles win for the Purple and Gold, defeating Jaden Acklin and Rebecca Pierce 8-1 in the No. 2 slot.
Parrott also picked up the win in her No. 2 singles match, which also was the clincher for the Valkyries. Kaitlin Knight defeated Acklin 6-1, 6-3 at No. 3 singles while Schlesener took down Pierce at the No. 4. Morgan Hildebrandt also earned a singles victory as she cruised past Dakota Tittle, 6-2, 6-0.
Converse 5, Lees-McRae 4
1. Sandy Allen (LMC-W) def. Steffi Kong (CONVERSE) 7-5, 7-6
2. Taylor Parrott (CONVERSE) def. Mackenzie Langmade (LMC-W) 4-6, 6-3, 6-2
3. Kaitlin Knight (CONVERSE) def. Jaden Acklin (LMC-W) 6-1, 6-3
4. Alex Schlesener (CONVERSE) def. Rebecca Pierce (LMC-W) 6-2, 6-0
5. Morgan Hildebrandt (CONVERSE) def. Dakota Tittle (LMC-W) 6-2, 6-0
6. Emily Harrison (LMC-W) def. Charlotte Gayle (CONVERSE) 6-2, 6-1
The Valkyries will be back in action on Thursday, March 1 as they travel to Due West, S.C. to take on Erskine in a Conference Carolinas showdown. First serve is scheduled for 2 p.m.