BELMONT, N.C. - The Converse Tennis team dropped a Conference Carolinas match against Belmont Abbey, 8-1, on the road Tuesday afternoon.
FINAL | Converse 1, Belmont Abbey 8
LOCATION | Belmont, N.C.
RECORDS | Converse 6-14 (2-7), Belmont Abbey 9-13 (3-6)
INSIDE THE RESULTS
Kaitlin Knight picked up the lone win for the Valkyries at No. 3 singles. Knight dropped the first set 7-6 (7-3) in the first set tiebreaker. The junior battled back to force a final set tiebreaker after a 7-5 second set victory. Knight would win the tiebreaker 10-4 to pick up her ninth win on the season.
1. Jandyala (BAC) def. Steffi Kong 6-1, 6-1
2. McNamara (BAC) def. Alex Schlesener 6-1, 6-0
3. Kaitlin Knight (CONVERSE) def. Darian DeFrench 6-7 (3-7), 7-5, 10-4
4. Subik (BAC) def. Taylor Parrott 6-4, 6-3
5. Noblett (BAC) def. Morgan Trask 6-0, 6-0
6. Weber (BAC) def. Abby Roth 6-0, 6-0
Converse hosts Erskine in their final home match of the season on Thursday, April 13. First serve is at 2:30pm.