SPARTANBURG, S.C.- The Converse tennis team battled tough against non-conference foe Columbia on Friday afternoon to a 5-4 defeat coming down to the final singles court.
FINAL | Converse 4, Columbia 5
LOCATION | Spartanburg, S.C. (Converse Tennis Complex)
RECORDS | Converse 0-7, Columbia 1-1
INSIDE THE COURTS
Kaitlin Knight cruised in her singles match winning 6-0, 6-2. Knight recorded her third straight win of the season moving to 3-1.
Steffi Kong played a tough match at No. 1 taking the match 6-2, 6-3 for her third win of the season.
Alex Schlesener fought back to win the second set but ultimately fell in the third set in the clinching match.
1. Steffi Kong (CONVERSE) def. Andrea Dimitrijevc 6-2, 6-3
2. Caitlyn Wolf (COLUMBIA) def. Alex Schlesener 6-1, 3-6, 6-2
3. Madyson Murphy (COLUMBIA) def. Taylor Parrott 6-0, 7-5
4. Kaitlin Knight (CONVERSE) def. Sonja Pantelic 6-0, 6-2
5. Michelle Troup (COLUMBIA) def. Morgan Trask 6-3, 6-4
6. Miranda Brown (COLUMBIA) def. Carlie Peeler 6-0, 7-5