CHARLOTTE, N.C.- The Converse Tennis team picked up their second straight sweep in as many days with a 9-0 victory over Johnson C. Smith in a non-conference match on Wednesday afternoon.
Converse (2-2) jumped out to a 3-0 lead picking up the doubles points. Margaret Pridmore (Wodonga, Australia) and Kaitlin Knight (Sumter, S.C.) picked up the win in the first doubles with an 8-0 win. Alex Schlesener (Stone Mountain, Ga.) and Samantha Sheffield (Birmingham, Ala.) won at the second slot with an 8-2 advantage while Taylor Littlejohn-Barr (York, S.C.) and Klaire Rouse (Gilbert, Ariz.) remained perfect in doubles play with an 8-4 win.
Alex Schlesener dropped her first set 6-4 before battling back to take the second set 6-1 and finally the match 10-7 in the tie breaker. Kaitlin Knight won 6-1, 6-1 at the two's while Margaret Pridmore picked up the win at the third slot with a 6-2, 6-1 victory.
Playing four's Taylor Littlejohn-Barr swept her opponent 6-0, 6-0. Klaire Rouse stayed perfect in the spring winning her match 6-1, 6-0. Caroline Bertling (Greer, S.C.)finished off the sweep with a 6-0, 6-4 win.
Converse returns home on Saturday, February 20 to face Winston-Salem. Doubles action starts at 1pm.
1. Margaret Pridmore/Kaitlin Knight def. Colvin/Roman (JCSU) 8-0
2. Alex Schlesener/Samantha Sheffield def. Battle/Riddick (JCSU) 8-2
3. Taylor Littlejohn-Barr/Klaire Rouse def. Barber/Ogundipe (JCSU) 8-4
1. Alex Schlesener def. Battle (JCSU) 4-6, 6-1, 10-7
2. Kaitlin Knight def. Riddick (JCSU) 6-1, 6-1
3. Margaret Pridmore def. Ogundipe (JCSU) 6-2, 6-1
4. Taylor Littlejohn-Barr def. Colvin (JCSU) 6-0, 6-0
5. Klaire Rouse def. Roman (JCSU) 6-1, 6-0
6. Caroline Bertling def. Barber (JCSU) 6-0, 6-4