MISENHEIMER, N.C. - Converse soccer saw their season come to an end at the hands of Pfeiffer, as the Falcons were able to win 3-0 in the Conference Carolinas Tournament. The Valkyries end the season with a 9-9-1 record.
FINAL | Converse 0, Pfeiffer 3
RECORDS | Converse 9-9-1, Pfeiffer 10-7-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Both teams battled in the first half in a defensive stalwart. Pfeiffer held the advantage on the offensive end.
- In the 2nd minute of action, the Falcons had a free kick from just outside the box. Pfeiffer ripped a shot off the crossbar and out of play.
- Alex Marquez had a dangerous looking shot in the 12th minute but saved by the Falcons keeper.
- In the 40th minute of the back-and-forth contest, Cassidy Marshall recorded a shot high off a free kick from the left wing of the box.
- As time was winding down in the first half, Pfeiffer capitalized off a Valkyrie misplay in their defensive half allowing the Falcons to score on a breakaway goal for the 1-0 lead heading into the break.
- Pfeiffer would add another goal, pushing their lead to 2-0, in the 68th minute as a loose ball in the box found the foot of a Falcon attacker and finding the back of the net.
- In the 81', Pfeiffer had a breakaway, but strong keeping by Anna Aceto-Korn stopped the initial shot attempt and then blocked the second attempt.
- One minute later, the Pfeiffer attack was able to push their lead to 3-0 as the back-line was unable to fight off the attack.
- Melissa Carlyle had a look at goal in the 89th minute but missed to the right.
NEWS AND NOTES
- Anna Aceto-Korn produced a career-high nine saves.
- Converse made the Conference Carolinas for the fourth straight season.
- Pfeiffer out-shot the Valkyries 21-8.