Indianapolis, Ind.---The NCAA Division II Women's Golf Committee has selected the teams and individuals that will compete in the 2017 NCAA Division II Women's Golf Championships.
Conference Carolinas Player of the Year selection, Marley Felthousen, was selected to compete as an individual. Felthousen made Converse history by being named Conference Carolinas Player of the Year last week and continued to make school history by making NCAA postseason for the first time in program history.
The NCAA Division II Women's Golf Super Regional Competition will be conducted May 8-10. The South Super Regionals will be hosted at The Members Club at Woodcreek in Elgin, South Carolina. The Regionals is hosted by Newberry.
Each super regional will consist of both team and individual competition conducted concurrently with 12 teams and 6 individuals from non-qualifying teams at each site. All participants will compete through the 54 holes of competition. The top three teams along with the top three individuals not with a team from each super regional will advance to the championships.
The following teams and individuals were selected to participate in the following Super Regionals:
1. Barry University
2. Saint Leo University
3. Rollins College
4. Nova Southeastern University
5. Florida Institute of Technology
6. Lynn University
7. University of West Florida
8. University of Montevallo
9. Lee University
10. University of West Georgia
11. Flagler College
12. Armstrong State University
1. Kiira Riihijarvi, University of Tampa
2. Abbey Hartsell, Lenoir-Rhyne University
3. Ciara Rattana, Tusculum College
4. Ashlii Thompson, University of North Carolina at Pembroke
5. Elizabeth England, Carson-Newman University
6. Marley Felthousen, Converse College