BRISTOL, TENN.- The Converse golf team sits tied for second behind host school King after the first round of the King University Invitational on Monday.
Final | T-2nd
Location | Bristol, Tenn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Marley Felthousen leads the Valkyries after the first round with a 76. Felthousen used eight pars and three birdies in her round. The senior sits in fourth place after one round.
- Ansley Vaughan and Tyler Dawson came in two strokes behind Felthousen with 78s. Vaughan and Dawson are tied for 11th.
- Grace Magera rounded out the scoring with an 80.
- Marisa Daquil Kawabe finished her round with an 83.
- Converse posted their best round of the season with a 312. Host school King shot 305, while Carson-Newman tied Converse with a 312 as well.
Converse starts the second and final round of the King University Invitational tomorrow, September 27. Converse will tee-off with King and Carson-Newman at 10:35am.